This is one recipe that got the boys really excited! Spicy Cheesy Chili Sauce Lasagna, the perfect dish for a cold night or family gathering! Scheduling at my house can make it very hard to sit down to dinner together, but this great recipe can be cooked and then munched on all evening.
You can substitute hamburger meat for the sausage but it will have a slightly different flavor. I have made it both ways and also used spicy, sweet and hot sausage.
Remember, recipes are guidelines…..
Spicy Cheesy Chili Sauce Lasagna
- 2 pounds spicy Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 oz.) can Muir Glen™ organic diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 1 (14 oz.) can Muir Glen™ organic tomato sauce
- 1 (12 oz.) can chili sauce
- 18 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated6 large lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and sausage and cook until sausage is browned, 8-10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chili sauce and stir together. Let sauce and sausage simmer for 15-20 minutes so it thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles according to package (or use no-cook noodles).
- In a 9×13-inch casserole dish, spoon in a cup of sauce. Lay 3 noodles on the sauce as the bottom layer. Sprinkle on about half of the cheese, then scoop in half of the remaining sauce.
- Add another layer of noodles, half of the remaining cheese, the last of the meat sauce, and the last of the cheese.
- Bake lasagna for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling. Let cool briefly before serving!