Tacos are one of those dinners that tend to be easy if you don’t get too fancy. The One Skillet Mini Taco Boats is a great taco recipe that will also introduce you to a better way to serve tacos. The recipe is the standard taco recipe using Old El Paso Taco Seasoning and other Old El Paso products but is presented in a much better and less messy method.
The best part is that everything can be cooked in the same skillet! Once the filling is made and the boats are filled, simply top with cheese, toss in the oven and then put the rest of you favorite toppings on the taco.
Simple, easy, fun, and a lot less mess!
One Skillet Mini Taco Boats
- teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 – 15-ounce can tomatoes, diced or ROTEL
- 1 – 4-ounce can Old El Paso Green Chiles, diced
- 1 – 15-ounce can black beans
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 packages mini Old El Paso Taco Boats
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and brown, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, green chiles, taco seasoning, and the black beans. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve using mini Old El Paso taco boats and your favorite toppings!
Simply delicious! We can’t wait to top these boats with cheese! What about you? How do you like to avoid the messy of delicious tacos?
Please find the original source of this recipe at Tip Hero