Any recipe that has four cheese in the title must be an outstanding dish. The Four Cheese Penne Pasta Bake is a cheese lovers dish full of cheesy love. With penne pasta and four very different but complimentary cheese’s, you have the makings for a comfort dish as well as a potluck dinner.
If you wanted to make some additions, here are some suggestions:
- red onion
- ROTEL tomatoes for a LOT of spice
I am going to have to add this to the pasta rotation!
Four Cheese Penne Pasta Bake
1 box (1 lb) penne pasta
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 4 oz fontina cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 4 oz smoked Gouda cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 4 oz Gruyère cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 4 oz sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, using minimum cook time.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, stir together remaining ingredients except Cheddar cheese and parsley. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until cheeses are melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir cooked pasta into cheese mixture. Spoon into baking dish. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley.