Who doesn’t love a good Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich? Why not take those great flavors and make a Classic BLT Dip With A Video and see how this can be accomplished with just a little effort on your part you can make an average sandwich into a fantastic dip!
After adding a few extra ingredients including cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream will help make the dip creamy and enhance the great flavors of the bacon and tomatoes. If you are looking to make this a little spicy, then use ROTEL tomatoes in addition or in place of the fresh tomatoes.
Everyone will be begging for more!
Classic BLT Dip
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled, plus extra for garnish
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (drained, if using canned tomatoes), plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lettuce, finely chopped
- Corn chips, garnish
- Sliced baguette, toasted, garnish
Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream and cream cheese until combined.
- Mix in bacon, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, tomatoes and onion, and stir together well. Pour mixture into a large baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dip is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with more crumbled bacon, diced tomatoes and chopped lettuce, then serve hot, with chips or toasted slices of bread.