Looking for something different to make as an appetizer for any party? Let these Chicken Bacon Bites with Maple Syrup show your family and friends how REAL snacking is done! With a prep time of 20 minutes and then 30 minutes in the oven and you have a great snack made with chicken and BACON! But this recipe has a depth of flavor that comes from the sauce that is brushed over the chicken and bacon before and during baking.
Watch the crowds go wild for these great snacks that could be used for a game day party or just for a “I feel like making some great snacks” event. At our house, we have eaten these types of appetizers as dinner on many an evening!
The video will show you how to make these little goodies and the ingredients and instructions can be found below the video!
Chicken Bacon Bites
- 1 chicken breast
- 6 bacon rashers (cut not too thick)
- 1 tbs Italian mixed herbs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard (or other types you enjoy)
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- Handful of fresh Italian parsley.
- Slice the chicken breast lengthwise into three pieces, then dice (cut into cubes) add to mixing bowl.
- Add the Italian herbs.
- Crush and add the garlic.
- Add cracked pepper.
- Add the mustard and mix well.
- Cut the bacon into strips.
- Place a chicken piece on each bacon strip and roll firmly.
- Place pieces on baking tray (ensure the end of the strip is on bottom).
- In a mixing bowl, add the maple syrup and soy sauce and mix well.
- Using a pastry brush, coat each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 30 min at 350°F – 180°C, adding another coat of syrup each 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place in a serving plate and top with fresh chopped parsley.
Source: 30 Recipes