This Cheese Smothered Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole has become a huge hit with my family! The spicy flavor of the jalapeno and hot sauce is offset by lots of cheesiness for the perfect combination.
The recipe is fairly simple to make but does require about an hour to make. Don’t let that discourage you because this fantastic casserole is well worth the wait!
Stop by the Ruled.me website for all the nutritional information and other great recipes.
Cheese Smothered Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole
- 6 small Chicken Thighs
- 6 slices Bacon
- 3 medium Jalapenos (De-seed if you aren’t a fan of spicy)
- 12 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 oz. Shredded Cheddar
- 2 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- De-bone all chicken thighs and pre-heat oven to 400F. Season chicken thighs well with salt and pepper, then lay on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet wrapped in foil. Bake chicken thighs for 40 minutes at 400F.
- Once your timer hits 20 minutes, start on the filling. Chop 6 slices of bacon into pieces and put into a pan over medium heat. Once bacon is mostly crisped, add jalapenos into the pan.
- Once jalapenos are soft and cooked, add cream cheese, mayo, and frank’s red hot to the pan. Mix together and season to taste.
- Remove chicken from the oven and let cool slightly. Once they are cool enough, remove the skins from the chicken.
- Lay chicken into a casserole dish, then spread cream cheese mixture over it, then top with cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 400F. Broil for 3-5 minutes to finish. Optional: Top with extra jalapenos before you broil.